Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A Wednesday Morning Sketch.

Reclaim your passion

I've recently, after three years, reopened my sketch book. I decided I wanted to reclaim my love of artistry. Pencil drawings and portraits used to be my favorite things to do, so I've really been focusing on those. I used to define myself as an artist. I even took a gap year between high school and college to study all things art related. My artist identity began to fade as I entered college. it was a gradual progression of focusing on other things and creating new identities for myself that surrounded my new collegiate interests. I subconsciously thought I would always have art, so it took me a while to realize that I didn't quite have it anymore. Wednesday morning was the first time in three years that I took out my proper shading utensil and sat down with a pencil, my sketchbook, and a photo for inspiration. Here is what transpired:

 Thank you for reading!
Sincerely, Ella


  1. your drawings are amazing thanks for checking out my blog

  2. This is an amazing piece of work so beautifully done

    New followers on gfc and blogluvin

    Carrieanne x

  3. I LOVE THIS post:) soooo cute and you are SO talanted..a real artist. Im now following

    Check out my blog...Lots of cute Swedish decor inspiration:)

    Have a fab day dear

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis - inredning it's, Swedish for decor :)

    1. Thank you! That's so sweet :)

      I love your inspiration post on modern living! Very cool blog.