Translate

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Secret Life of Baking Soda.

Recommended:
Baking Soda
Moisturizer


Hello Mr. Baking Soda… You are definitely good for more than puffing up my oatmeal raisin cookies. Surprisingly, baking soda is awesome on your face if you have pimples and whatnot (although don’t get any in your mouth, it’s grossly salty). I’ve taken to keeping a little container of the stuff by my bathroom sink. I’m not a dermatologist or anything of the sort but I’ve come to appreciate these uses for baking soda. I use it for two things, an exfoliator and (when I have time) a mask. All you need to do is add water. Create a gloopy (not runny) consistency using water and either rub it gently around your face and wash it off or let it dry into a mask (it’ll be clumpy and chalky when it’s ready) and then wash it off. You may want to moisturize afterward, as this routine is slightly drying. GENTLE is the key word here though, you don’t want to get rid of all the good skin stuff. A few times a week with this mask and my skin was feeling softer and fresher, at a price way below the usual scrubs and masks out there. The only downside is the smell. I wouldn’t call it completely unpleasant, just a little less than desirable. But for the price and the result, I thank you Mr. Baking Soda.


Do you have any sneaky secrets in your skincare routine?
***
Sincerely, Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment