Translate

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Loving Your Ivory Skin.

Recommended:
Skin acceptance

 


Never once has anyone (in seriousness) exclaimed when looking at my skin, "Wow, you're so tan!". Nope! Never once been considered 'tan'. I have on occasion been confronted with "Wow, that's a horrible sunburn!", but that just doesn't really have the same ring to it. I have (for the most part) come to terms with my nothing-but-ivory skin and I thought I would give my fellow ivories some tips on pale skin acceptance.

Step One: Chuck out your bronzers, too dark foundations, and fake tans. We will be focusing on the beauty of IVORY; not orange or muddy looking.
Step Two: Find your makeup matches and try to cover up blemishes, as they tend to be more noticeable with light skin. Instead of reaching for a bronzer, reach for a deep pink or deep coral to give your cheeks a little bit of color. The key is not to cake on the color though, only put on enough to look like you're alive and awake; a dusting, if you will. 
Step Three: Play up your other features. Ivory skin is the perfect canvas to play up your features. Subtly define your brows to give your face a frame, make sure to keep them moderately filled rather than dark and rigid (I recommend a tinted brow gel or shadow rather than a liner). Mascara and eyeliner are your friends! Eyes will really stand out when played up against your light skin. And lastly, paint your pout with something that doesn't wash you out (I recommend going to your nearest mac counter to find the right shade and to get some tips on finding your color at a drugstore) . Finding the right color for you may take some trial and error but I've had luck with bold colors; they look great against ivory skin.


Thanks for reading!
***
Sincerely, Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment