Translate

Friday, August 10, 2012

Hair Style of the Bridesmaid.

Recommended:
YouTube hair tutorials


In my last post I had mentioned that I was attempting to find a suitable hairstyle for an upcoming wedding... Well, the wedding was this past week and it was really wonderful. I was a bridesmaid and had the option of getting my hair and makeup done professionally along with the bride and the rest of the bridesmaids. As appealing as this was, I wasn't quite ready to pay for someone to do something that I find to be a way to bring out my own personal touch. I know what I like and the makeup I use on myself is tried and true. So I began the journey (more like research) to find good tips on makeup and hair for weddings.
I soon became obsessed with watching a girl Kaley's channel on You Tube. You can become obsessed too by clicking here. She is so very talented and her tutorials are easy to follow. I learned how to do the hairstyle from my last post from her and I used another one of her tutorials for my hairstyle for the wedding. This is how it turned out:




The style was well contained and held up all the way until I jumped in the hotel pool after the wedding. Here is what the style looked like from the front (and an idea of what the makeup looked like):


  

 I do look like I'm trying to hold my eyes open in this picture but this is the only shot I could get before I was whisked off to bridesmaid duties.
As much as I would love to be, I am not a real life professional makeup/hair artist but I did get asked multiple times if my hair and makeup were professionally done. I silently celebrated my work well done whenever I was asked.


***
Sincerely, Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment