Translate

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Winter Self Portraits with Favorite Winter Lip Products


Recommended:
Let us love winter, for it is the spring of genius. 
-Pietro Aretino



Sometimes, on mornings when I like my makeup or hair or if I'm just feeling like it,  I take pictures of my face. There's no particular reason. I think it may stem from my obsession with portraits. I love browsing through tumbler looking at different artistic portraits, among other things, and whenever I draw; my go-to choice is always a portrait as well. So I've decided to compile my recent self-portraits from this Winter:















I'm also quite obsessed with lip products, as you can see by some of these portraits. Here are a few I've been using a lot this winter (some of them are not available anymore but I've given descriptions for if you'd like to look for a similar shade):

Burt's Bees: Lip Shimmer in Watermelon; a light plum shade that smells delicious
Covergirl: Temptation Tentation (285); a medium orange with gold shimmer
MAC: A deep red-pink lipstick with a FROST finish that I'm pretty sure is part of the Viva Glam collection but the name is completely worn away (it was my first ever MAC purchase)
Maybelline: MAUVE-ULOUS (455); a deep plum shade
Rimmel: Lasting Finish by Kate Moss Lipstick (11); a medium-deep shade of classic red



I hope you are having a nice winter season (even in the cold)!
***
Sincerely, Ella

2 comments: