Translate

Monday, December 10, 2012

Finals Week.

Recommended:
Don't stress.


Well, first day of finals is done with. I'm always weird when it comes to the end of classes. It's hard investing so much time and effort into a class and then ending it by dropping off a term paper in your teacher's mailbox or filling in a bunch of bubbles on a sheet of paper. I need something to signify the end. So here is a list of things I did today to create a significant ending to my semester in the two classes I had finals for:


  • I actually looked up from my seat on the train and noticed someone in my writing class so we walked from the train to campus together and figured out we have a class together next semester!
  • When dropping off my term paper in my teacher's mailbox, I stood there until someone else came to drop theirs off and we chatted a bit before parting ways
  • I sat next to someone from my psychology lecture before going in to take the test and we talked about the semester and wished each other luck.
  • I took the bus home for the first time. 


These things may seem like usual occurrences but it was the first time I talked to some of those people from my classes and I did things consciously in order to signify an end to the semester for myself.



Overall, it was a really great first day of finals.
Good luck to all of you who are or will be taking finals!
***
Sincerely, Ella

me after finishing finals.

No comments:

Post a Comment