Translate

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Four Simple Goals (Before 2013).




Recommended:
Realistic goals


Elsie from A Beautiful Mess (click to become obsessed) started a challenge in 2010 in which she blogged about four simple goals that would provide her with inspiration before the coming new year. She has repeated this challenge ever since and has invited others to jump on the bandwagon... and I have jumped.


The "rules" to this challenge are as follows:

1. Choose simple goals that will make your life richer and happier on a daily basis. Choose things you may not otherwise get done, but that are not difficult to accomplish.

2. Do not choose result oriented goals, choose activity oriented goals. for example.... instead of "lose 10 pounds", choose something like "eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day". Get what I'm saying? Positive actions instead of just the end result!

3. Choose goals that are personal that you believe will truly make your life richer just by doing them! They can be daily, weekly or one time experiences.

4. Choose a reward for each goal as it is accomplished! It can be a small or large reward- it's up to you.

5. Blog about your goals, each one as you achieve it and a big post when they are all finished before the new year!


Here are my goals:

1. Begin drawing again. I used to be an avid (self proclaimed) artist, always looking for inspiration in the mundane. That has somehow been lost over these past few years and I would like it back please.


One of my chalk drawings from three years ago
2. Take walks at my own pace. Whenever a walk arises it takes quite a push to get me out of the house. I somehow always forget I like walks. I don't, however like walks in which I'm rushed. I tend to always be rushing out the door to walk to work or if I'm walking with another person I don't like having to keep their pace. I do however enjoy my own stroll; without time constraints (well, apparent ones anyway) and without the pull of another person's longer legs. I would like to set aside some time to walk and enjoy my surroundings, and although it may make me sound like a loner, I would like to do it by myself sometimes.

3. Create. I have a large box full of clothing that I've set aside to alter into various things. I have old ties in there that could potentially be headbands, old men's shirts in there that could be tunic dresses, and scraps of interesting patterned material that could embellish something that calls for embellishment. I have the materials, now all I need to do is create.

4. Keep my motivation. The problem I've had with goals in the past is that whenever I would start to see results, I would fall back into my past routines. I want to keep my motivation with the simple goals I've set for myself this year.


What are some of your goals for the remainder of the year?
***
Sincerely, Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment