Translate

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Popeye Would Be Proud.

Recommended:
A craving and an open mind


Whenever I feel a craving coming on it's usually for Oreos or pasta. I have never found a "healthier" substitute for Oreos; there is just nothing under the sun that gives the same satisfaction as an Oreo dunked in milk; and definitely nothing that is healthier. This past weekend a friend was talking about spinach being a healthier alternative to pasta. The idea is you put everything you usually would put on your pasta on top of spinach instead... well I tried it and it was really great. I'm a tomato sauce and melted cheese on pasta kind of girl and the spinach took really well to those toppings. All I did was construct it and then pop it in the microwave. The spinach turned into a semi pasta-like consistency and my craving was totally satisfied. I think zucchini would work well in the mix too. Can't wait to try it that way!


Do you have any healthier alternatives that you like to substitute for sneaky cravings?
***
Sincerely, Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment