Translate

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Writing: A Beginning.

Recommended:
Build.


A few months ago, I began with a story. It didn't take long for me to decide that this was THE story that I wanted to build on. My goal is a novel. As of now it is a seven page novel. Is it a novella yet? Probably not. It is a growing short story. I've recently added this beginning for a bit of a premise:


"I should probably tell you why you are receiving this letter full of my high school experiences that are inconsequential to your life. When we were nine, I was given your name and address to be paired up as a pen-pal. You wrote me, telling of your adventures of caring for your pregnant cat. Needless to say, I never wrote back. I found your letter while packing my things to leave for university, so here is my reply. I hope you still live here. Did your cat have the kittens yet?"


Still adding things bit by bit... Going pretty slowly.

Thanks for reading!
***
Sincerely, Ella

4 comments:

  1. Heyy Lovely, I nominated you for the Liebster Award, Check out my Blog for the details. Love your blog!!xx
    http://victorialouiseloves.blogspot.co.uk/

    Victoria Louise <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! that's very sweet of you. i believe a blog post is in order soon!

      Delete
  2. You're perfect. Write a novel. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love YOU! i'm trying. for real. lol

      Delete